The villa is located inside the large Versiliana Park which is the residual part of the ancient wood known as the Macchia di Marina, which stretched across the coastline and which was owned by the Capitanato di Pietrasanta, which took care of its preservation and used its timber resources on its own or on behalf of the grand-ducal government.
At the end of the eighteenth century the wood was divided into farms to be granted to individuals. During the nineteenth century the counts Digerini Nuti, owners of some plots, created a vast noble estate; in 1886 the villa was built, called La Versiliana by the writer Renato Fucini, often a guest of the owners. In 1902 Gabriele D’Annunzio stayed here and wrote the well-known poem La pioggia nel pineto.
At the time the estate was a forest agricultural complex, crossed by a dense network of geometric patterned paths. The cultivation of domestic pine for the production of timber and pine nuts was practiced. In 1980 the estate was bought by the Municipality of Pietrasanta and destined for a public park.
In the spaces adjacent to the villa are set up areas for the activities of the La Versiliana Festival, held in the summer for several years with great success with the public and now well-established reputation at the national level.